HAVI's information technology environment is highly distributed and diverse, with strong leadership and coordination from the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and direct reports. We are seeking a strong, knowledgeable leader to provide vision, strategy, broad-based planning, and hands-on responsibility as the VP, Information Security.
The VP, Information Security reports to the head of IT Global Services, is a member of the leadership team and serves a key role at HAVI, working closely with senior business leaders and community. The VP, Information Security leads the development and implementation of a security program that leverages collaborations and company-wide resources, facilitates information security governance, advises senior leadership on security direction and resource investments, and designs appropriate policies to manage information security risk. The complexity of this position requires a leadership approach that is engaging, imaginative, and collaborative, with a sophisticated ability to work with other leaders to set the best balance between security strategies and other priorities at HAVI.
The VP, Information Security is a senior-level executive responsible for developing and implementing an information security program, which includes procedures and policies designed to protect enterprise communications, systems and assets from both internal and external threats as well as compliance with client security requirements. The VP, Information Security will work with IT leadership to procure cyber security products and services and to manage disaster recovery and business continuity plans in accordance with business needs. Additional responsibilities:
- Responsible for the strategic leadership of HAVI's information security program.
- Directly manage a team of three cyber security professionals.
- Provide guidance and counsel to HAVI leadership team, working closely service line and IT leaders, and the HAVI community in defining objectives for information security, while building relationships and goodwill.
- Manage company-wide information security governance processes, chair the Information Security Advisory Committee and lead Information Security managers in the establishment of an information security program and project priorities.
- Lead information security planning processes to establish an inclusive and comprehensive information security program for the entire organization.
- Establish annual and long-range security and compliance goals, define security strategies, metrics, reporting mechanisms and program services; and create maturity models and a roadmap for continual program improvements.
- Stay abreast of information security issues and regulatory changes globally. Engage in professional development to maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
- Provide leadership philosophy for the Information Security Office to create a strong bridge between organizations.
- Mentor the Information Security Office team members and implement professional development plans for all members of the team.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Policy, Compliance and Audit
- Lead the development and implementation of effective and reasonable policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data and ensure information security and compliance with relevant legislation and legal interpretation.
- Lead efforts to internally assess, evaluate and make recommendations to management regarding the adequacy of the security controls for HAVI's internal and client information and technology systems.
- Work with Internal Audit and outside consultants as appropriate on required security assessments and audits.
- Coordinate and track all information technology and security related audits including scope of audits, units involved, timelines, auditing agencies and outcomes. Work with auditors as appropriate to keep audit focus in scope, maintain excellent relationships with audit entities and provide a consistent perspective that continually puts HAVI in its best light. Provide guidance, evaluation and advocacy on audit responses.
- Work with HAVI leadership to build cohesive security and compliance programs for HAVI to effectively address global statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Develop a strategy for dealing with increasing number of audits, compliance checks and external assessment processes for internal/external auditors.
Outreach, Education and Training
- Work closely with IT leaders, technical experts, business leaders across HAVI on a wide variety of security issues that require an in-depth understanding of the IT environment in their units.
- Create education and awareness programs and advise operating units at all levels on security issues, best practices, and vulnerabilities.
- Work with IT groups such as Network Managers, Advanced Technologies and Architecture/Governance to build awareness and a sense of common purpose around security.
- Pursue employee initiatives to address unique needs in protecting identity theft, mobile social media security and online reputation program.
Risk Management and Incident Response
- Keep abreast of security incidents and act as primary control point during significant information security incidents. Convene a Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) as needed, or requested, in addressing and investigating security incidences that arise.
- Convene Security Committee as appropriate and provide leadership for breach response and notification actions for HAVI service lines.
- Develop, implement and administer technical security standards, as well as a suite of security services and tools to address and mitigate security risk.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in assessing and evaluating information security risks and monitor compliance with security standards and appropriate policies.
- Examine impacts of new technologies on HAVI's overall information security. Establish processes to review implementation of new technologies to ensure security compliance.